1. Centre For Internal Quality Assurance (CIQA)
Vivekananda Global University (VGU ) Jaipur has established Centre for Internal Quality Assurance (CIQA) to conduct institutional compliances & quality audits and to promote, enhance and best-in-class quality assurance.
The objective of Centre for Internal Quality Assurance is to develop and put in place a comprehensive and dynamic internal quality assurance system to ensure that programmes in the Open and Distance Learning mode and Online mode being implemented by the University are of acceptable quality and further improved on continuous basis.
The functions of Centre for Internal Quality Assurance include the following:
- To maintain quality in the services provided to the learners.
- To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the VGU.
- To identify the key areas in which the VGU should maintain quality.
- To disseminate information on quality assurance.
- To devise mechanisms for interaction and obtaining feedback from various departments in VGU.
- To suggest to the authorities of the VGU, measures for qualitative improvement.
- To ensure the implementation of its recommendations through regular monitoring.
- To ensure participation of all stakeholders namely, learners, teachers, staff, parents, society, employers, and Government in quality improvement processes.
- To prepare Programme Project Report and ensure another launch of programme(s).
- Collection, collation and dissemination of accurate, complete and reliable statistics about the quality of the programme(s).
- To organise workshops/ seminars/ symposium on quality related themes, ensure participation of all stakeholders, and disseminate the reports of such activities among all the stakeholders.
- To develop and collate best practices in all areas leading to quality enhancement in services to the learners and disseminate the same to all concerned.
- To collect, collate and disseminate accurate, complete and reliable statistics about the quality of the programme(s).
- To ensure that Programme Project Report for each programme is according to the norms and guidelines prescribed by the University Grants Commission and wherever necessary by the appropriate regulatory authority having control over the programme
- To put in place a mechanism to ensure the proper implementation of Programme Project Reports.
- To maintain a record of Annual Plans and Annual Reports of the University, review them periodically and generate actionable reports.
- To provide inputs to the University for restructuring of programmes in order to make them relevant to the job market.
- To facilitate system based research on ways of creating learner centric environment and to bring about qualitative change in the entire system.
- To act as a nodal coordinating unit for seeking assessment and accreditation from a designated body for accreditation such as NAAC etc.
- To adopt measures to ensure internalisation and institutionalisation of quality enhancement practices through periodic accreditation and audit.
- To coordinate between the University and the University Grants Commission for various quality related initiatives or guidelines.
- To obtain information from other Higher Educational Institutions on various quality benchmarks or parameters and best practices.
- To record activities undertaken on quality assurance in the form of an annual report of Centre for Internal Quality Assurance.
- To submit required Reports to the Statutory Authorities of the University about its activities.